A note from Peake Physical Therapy regarding COVID-19
COVID-19 Update 3/26
Our Coppermine location is still up and running to help serve our clients living with pain. We are
With Governor Hogan’s announcement closing non-essential businesses, physical therapy was deemed an essential business, per both the State and Federal documents defining critical infrastructure.
We are strictly following all CDC guidelines regarding infection prevention measures and sanitation.
- We utilize Cavicide before and after each patient on all beds and other equipment and tools.
- We wipe down doorknobs (and leave doors open as applicable).
- We wash hands and utilize alchohol-based hand sanitizer after and during each patient encounter.
- We are adhering to social distancing in the clinic, asking family members to wait outside or in the car and optimizing scheduling to prevent more than 10 people being gathered together.
- Each employee and patient is screened regarding presence of symptoms and possible exposure.
For those that prefer to stay home, we completely understand! We are offering telehealth visits to help you manage symptoms during the quarantine.
Call 443-213-0395 or email us to set up in-clinic or telehealth visits!
At Peake Physical Therapy, we have been constantly monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation and have been working to ensure the health of our patients and community.
As described in our update from 3/16, we are still operational at our Coppermine Racquet and Fitness location in order to provide needed therapy services. As of today, we are taking the following additional measure to ensure the safety of our clients:
- Changing and condensing therapist hours to decrease clinic density
You can reach us at email@example.com to schedule visits with our new hours.
New Telehealth services:
In order to service our patients during this unprecedented time, we have mobilized our resources and are now offering virtual PT telehealth sessions for those who are not comfortable coming in person. We are working to minimize any lag of treatment for our patients to help them return to their lives.
Contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message us on social media to schedule and find out more.
We are now offering 30 minute telehealth sessions as well as weekly home exercise programming updates (in conjunction with or separate from telehealth sessions).
-March 16th, 2020
As our community continues to feel the increased impact of COVID-19, we have been monitoring the rapidly evolving situation. As we navigate this landscape, we are keeping the health of our patients and the community at the forefront. Due to the nature of these events, we will be providing continued updates to the situation.
Our Coppermine Racquet and Fitness location in Bare Hills remains open.
Following Governor Hogan’s recent announcement, we have decided to close our Training House location until further notice.
Our standard policy is to utilize a medical grade surface disinfectant that is labeled as bactericidal, virucidal and fungicidal, on treatment tables and other surfaces before and after each patient encounter. Additionally, per standard precautions, we hold our employees to the standard of hand washing and hand sanitizer use between clients.
Like many businesses, we are closely monitoring CDC and state guidelines and are taking additional precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus. In addition to our existing measures, we are
- Reviewing with our employees the importance of washing hands
- Instructing all staff to stay home if they feel sick
- Actively retraining all staff in our sanitation policies.
- Cleaning high-use areas throughout the day
- Providing hand sanitizer and hand washing opportunities to patients throughout their session
- Allowing appropriate distancing between patients
Per CDC guidelines:
- If you have traveled overseas in the past few weeks, we ask that you stay home 14 days after returning, monitor your health, and practice social distancing
- Anyone sick with a fever, cough, or shortness of breath should contact their primary care physician before coming to physical therapy
Please feel free to contact us by email (email@example.com) via the contact form on our website (Contact Us) or by phone (443-213-0395). We are more than happy to respond to your questions and are sending our well wishes to all for good health.